Monday, November 1, 2010

Getting up after falling down

If at first you don’t succeed, try, try, try again, right?   Sigh.  I knew that the weekend would be challenging for me to get my writing done.  It was a self-fulfilling prophecy.  I blew off Saturday and Sunday.  The crazy thing is that there were a few moments that I could have written, but I didn’t “feel” like it and I let the moment pass.
However, I really want to establish a habit of writing every day.  So, I pick myself up, dust off the procrastination debris and start over.  The key to doing these thirty days is that they need to be consecutive.  Miss a day and I need to start over.   (Thanks goodness I wasn’t at Day 25 or something!)
By the same token, I’m not going to browbeat myself over missing the weekend.  To be honest, I have a page and a quarter of writing that I wouldn’t have had if I hadn’t decided to start this WAPAD (Writing a Page a Day) in the first place.  Actually, after today, I am at a page and a half.  Slow but sure.
For me, it really is important to try to get the writing done as early as possible – especially on the weekends.  There is so much to do on Saturday and Sunday and there is a brief amount of time before everyone else is up and moving around, so it is important to take advantage of it as quickly as possible. 
I will be more motivated, next weekend, for sure.  So welcome to Day 1 of WAPAD – Redux.  I have done today's writing, in case you're wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment